This mews house built in c.1880 to service a large property in Cadogan Square was originally much smaller.  Space was at a premium and every inch was needed on the ground floor for the coach house, stalls and loose box, harness room, grain bins and WC, as well as the stairs to the upper quarters of the coachman and his family and the groom.  The Irish fantasy writer Lord Dunsany accommodated his cars and chauffeur here from 1922 until the Second World War.  In spite of the dangers at their Irish castle during the troubles - which included having a finger shot off at a road-block during the Easter Rising - the chauffeur worked for the Dunsanys at their various homes for over forty years.  The house was later used as garages by anthropologist Captain George Pitt-Rivers, and as an office for the managers of the Great Britain men's hockey team - winners of Olympic gold at Seoul in 1988.